Thursday, October 11, 2012

Quarter of a Century

Quarter of a Century: when I put it that way, I feel ancient. Like Methuselah.

To celebrate this 25-year-old milestone, Seth outdid himself with birthday surprises. Best husband ever. I took the morning off so we could go on some adventures.

First, we went out for breakfast. Then we went to Surprise Stop #1: a custom shoe store. Lately when we go on our evening walks, I get mondo huge blisters. So Seth bought me some new super-comfy sneakers and special blister-proof socks so my feet stay happy.


Surprise Stop #2 led us to a gourmet cupcake bakery where we picked out a pair of cupcakes in lieu of baking a birthday cake.



At Surprise Stop #3, Seth had me pick out a bouquet of flowers. I thought about getting some roses, but then I saw these amazing things and changed my mind. I have no idea what they are, but I am so curious to see what they look like when the buds open.


We came home for lunch and my half-day of work. After work, the birthday-stravaganza continued.

When we checked the mail, I found a package from my parents. Right on time! They sent me a beautiful opal-and-diamond necklace, which goes great with the opal-and-diamond ring Seth bought me last year.


I have been having a serious hankering for crafting, and Seth's mom decided to support this hobby on my birthday by sending me a gift card for Michael's. We stopped by the store and picked out the materials for my next project. I am very excited to get to work!


I have such wonderful parents and in-laws. They made my birthday special with their thoughtful gifts. 

After the craft store, we went to dinner at Chili's. Yum! We had to eat a little early, due to the time constraints of Surprise Stop #4: driving up Squaw Peak to watch the sunset.



 

Utah is such a beautiful place!

Thanks to everyone for your birthday wishes. They came true! I had an amazing 25th birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment