When my parents and I moved from Kansas down to Texas, the movers we hired to help us load the U-Haul turned out to be women. Big, burly women. And one of them was named Haulie. Like "Holly" gone wrong. Coincidence? I think not. She was destined for a career with U-Haul.
Last weekend = moving success. After DAYS and DAYS of unpacking boxes and shoving two people's vast amount of stuff into every nook and cranny of our small new home, the deed is done. We are moved in.
Here's the kicker: whilst unloading all of my worldly possessions, th threw away SIX MORE BAGS of junk. School papers, old textbooks, tacky knickknacks, my hopes of one day relearning German--gone! And good riddance! Seth was the driving force behind this. I certainly couldn't have done it without him. I have a pension for hanging on to useless things, thinking that I might one day, under some circumstance, possibly need them. So Saturday afternoon in our little apartment sounded something like this:
Heather: "Seth, will I need my notes from German class three years ago?"
Seth: "No."
Heather: (throws them away)
Heather: "Seth, can I toss this box of birthday cards I have been accumulating since the 7th grade?
Seth: "Please."
Heather: "But what about the sentimental value?"
Seth: "Did you remember you had them before you found them?"
Heather: "No."
Seth: "Well then."
Heather: (throws them away)
My storage is cleansed. My chi is balanced. What a good day.
3 comments:
My house is waiting for you to come over and start cleaning. :)
Please, come and work that magic on all of the things I can't seem to part with. You are much stronger than I!
I'm so happy for your chi. As well as the fact that I found your blog.
Post a Comment