And why is it so hard to change your e-mail address? Seriously, folks!
From the very first day my family tapped into the newfangled internet whatsamahoozit, via America Online, my screen name and login information for every internet site has been "brinkhk." This was very wise and good of my father, who, being the epitome of professionalism, wanted his children to have professional e-mail addresses. This philosophy served me well. I didn't have to change my e-mail address when I applied to colleges to disguise the fact that I had fallen prey to some misguided teen e-mail address mistake, like "smileygirl05" (which I did, in fact, contemplate). No, I have always had a sensible, professional e-mail address.
However, the "brink" in my "brinkhk" is no longer applicable. This presents a dilemma. Everything, and I do mean everything, identifies me as "brinkhk." But I'm a Burdsal now, and will be forever. I figure forever is much longer than the 15 or so years I've had as "brinkhk," so that wins. So now I'm in the process of changing my e-mail address to hburdsal@gmail.com. Yes, please do update your address books. And also, think terrible thoughts about the hardships of changing virtual identification on my behalf. I just spent over an hour changing this very blog over to my new account. You're welcome.
In other news, I realized that if we move into our new apartment as soon as possible, I will only have to drag my clothes to the wash hut two more times! Woot!
0 comments:
Post a Comment