A few weeks ago, my optometrist noticed reduced vision and optic nerve swelling in my left eye and dropped the terrible "T" word: Tumor. He sent me to an opthamologist for a second opinion.
As it turns out, my optometrist is an overly dramatic fellow. I am happy to report, once again, "No tumors here!"
The diagnosis is "optic nerve head drusen," which means I have some proteins calcifying on my optic disc. Weird, huh? I'll take weird over tumor any day.
Seth and I feel very blessed to have come through two tumor scares without any tumors.
The diagnosis is "optic nerve head drusen," which means I have some proteins calcifying on my optic disc. Weird, huh? I'll take weird over tumor any day.
Seth and I feel very blessed to have come through two tumor scares without any tumors.
3 comments:
You guys are way too young to have tumor scares with this kind of frequency! I'm glad in both cases, though, they were just that: scares. Cheers to your health!
Your optometrist should have been in theatre instead of medical school! What a jokester!! I am very happy you are tumorless!
It's a good thing I didn't become a doctor. I probably would have been just as bad. One time after reading on WebMD, I was convinced I had leukemia. Johnny will never let me forget that one.
You guys need to chill on the thrills, ok? There's such a thing as too much.
Glad you're both ok. Live long and prosper.
Post a Comment