Monday, February 13, 2012

So This is Love, Hmm-mmm-mmm-mmmmm

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I have been eagerly clicking links that promise to reveal "Great Ideas for Unique Valentine's Dates!"

Like giving your valentine a  valentine . . .

Or going on a drive . . .

Or eating out at a restaurant . . .

Or watching a romantic movie . . .

Is it just me, or does this describe every date, ever? Seriously? These are the All-Powerful Internet's solutions for an unforgettable Valentine's Day?

I did unearth one non-lame idea: Recreate your first date.

So, more than likely, Seth and I will be visiting the Nicklecade (now in a new location with a different name) to play old arcade games (if they still have the same games).

Hopefully this time I won't rip my pants on a screw protruding from the top of the wooden stool.

Then we'll snuggle up with a movie and some popcorn (not outside in the freezing cold, as with the first date).

Tomorrow I will be inviting my Twitter friends to join in a writing challenge, and you should participate, too!

Write a Love Limerick for your valentine, or a Hate Haiku if Valtneine's Day isn't your thing. Or write a few of each just for fun.

Here's one to start you off (I tried to write a Love Limerick, but nothing rhymes with Virginia. So you get a Hate Haiku):

Greeting cards of love
written in a cubicle.
Dilbert penned the lines.

Now show me what you've got! I'm excited to read your Valentine's poetry!

1 comments:

Amanda S. said...

Dear Heather, it has been some time
Since you have showed us your power for rhyme
And displayed your great wit,
Your incredible will to not quit
Do not let this blog die on a dime!

(Although it is not holiday-related, this is my limerick to get you to update your blog. I hope you enjoy.)

Post a Comment