Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bathstravaganza 2012

Happy Surprise Bathroom Demolition Day!

Wait, I'm the only one observing this holiday? That makes things significantly less fun.

If you're wondering how this holiday came to be, ask my landlord. Four months ago, I reported that the caulk in our shower was starting to flake away significantly. I was worried that water would start seeping into the walls and cause mold and damage.

I guess I was right, because when the contractor showed up yesterday to replace the four-month-missing bathtub caulk, he recommended an emergency bath demolition to save the structural integrity of our apartment.

Here's a glimpse of my not-so-placid Thursday.




He's been here since 10 am. The new tile looks awesome (instead of the plastic walls we had before). 

My favotite song he's sung while working: Don't Go Breaking My Heart, by Elton John (complete with falsetto for Kiki Dee's portions).

The festivities continue tomorrow, so stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment