Since we moved from a 1-bedroom apartment to a 3-bedroom apartment, we had a lot of furniture to buy, all of which came from KSL classifieds and Craigslist. We found some seriously great deals.
Let's start in the living room.
Here's the sweet power-reclining leather sofa we bought off KSL for $300.
The kitchen is a separate room off of the living room, which I really like. We've always had an open floorplan, but I like this better.
I'm seriously proud of the photo display I made. This is the result of many hours of planning, a week of picture-frame shipping, two trips to Costco for photo printing, and 15 nail holes in the wall to make the spacing just right.
Our next stop is the kitchen.
This is the first time we've had enough space to have a dining table. We bought our dining set off of Craigslist for $100.
Behind the table is a closet with the washer and dryer, with excellent storage space above. We had to buy a washer and dryer, which we got for $350 from an appliance refurbishing company we heard about through Craigslist.
Now let's go down the hall.
The first room is the office/Apollo's room. We furnished this room with a nice hardwood desk ($35) and a bookcase ($40), both found on Craigslist.
If you've talked to me in the last few weeks, you have probably heard me heaving many sighs and airing many grievances about the crazy maintenance problems we've had to deal with since moving in. One ridiculous issue we had is that the ceiling in the master bedroom creaks and pops violently when our upstairs neighbors walk around. And since they go to sleep at 12:30 am get up at 5:00 am, we weren't getting any sleep. And I was very cranky. I don't know how they survive without any sleep; I sure can't.
To solve this problem, we switched the gym room and our bedroom, disbanding our lovely master bedroom setup and shoving our king-size bed in a tiny cube room. Now we can sleep through the night, but our clothes live in a different room than we do. Oh well.
Here's the "bedroom." Since I took this picture, we have added nightstands on either side of the bed ($30 from KSL), so it doesn't look quite so Spartan. But I don't feel like making my bed right now to show you.
The "master bedroom" is now the gym. With dressers and the hope chest. We bought a TV cart from the DI for $25 so we can watch movies while we work out.
There you have it! Our 3-bedroom 2-bathroom slice of bliss. There is a grocery store 2 blocks away, and we like to stop there on our nightly walks to pick up food for the next day. Our church building is only 4 blocks away, as well.
And the best part is that we are south of Center Street, so there are ZERO STUDENTS!! It's nice to live in a walk-able neighborhood without the craziness of BYU coeds. We are settling in nicely and really liking our new home!
1 comments:
Your Craigslist skills are second to none! I'm super impressed with your finds. Your place looks great! You are quite the little homemaker. And I'm jealous of your workout room! I hope someday I have a third bedroom that can be used for that! Great set up.
Post a Comment