Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Mattress of Glory

The mattress from heaven arrived on Monday. It didn't literally come from heaven, although that's how it feels. It actually came from Kansas. Topeka (or Google), to be exact. Who knew I would be getting an unexpected blast from my past? As I read the shipping order and noted its place of origin, I was mentally reduced to that same elementary school child who used to visit the capitol building every year on Kansas Day, January 29th, with my GTC class, staring up at the giant mural of John Brown and Bleeding Kansas.

Ok, not really. So I never really cared about John Brown or Bleeding Kansas (or any other Kansas, for that matter). But I do love our new memory foam, so Topeka has earned a spot in my heart as the mattress's place of origin.

Wyview maintenance came and whisked away our gnome-forged castoff bed, and in it's place we laid the Mattress of Glory. And it really is glorious! When I lay on it, I can feel it hugging me and whispering soothing sleep things in my ear. And sheep.

Sweet dreams to you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment