Seth and I have been married for a month and 6 days. Also, neither of us has slept through the night for a month. The reason? We have the worst mattress ever created.
When we moved into our apartment, we thought it was convenient that BYU has beds that they will rent to tenants for the low fee of $7 a month. What we didn't know is that the product they are renting is not a real mattress. I suspect it is, in fact, a stack of wood cleverly disguised as a mattress.
It is also only a full-size mattress, not queen. So every time we have to roll over to relieve the unbearable pressure of the mattress on our back and sides, we have to wake up fully so we can turn over on a dime without rolling into the other person. All night long we are playing rotisserie chicken, rotating about every 45 minutes.
Last night we got desperate. We pulled our $30 camping air mattress out of the closet and laid it out on the living room floor. Seth slept in the bed and I slept on the air mattress, and we had the best night's sleep we have had in a month, though Seth's could have been better. The bed was still too hard. How pathetic is that? The wimpy air mattress is more comfortable than the "real" bed. We'll take turns sleeping on the air mattress so each of us can actually sleep at least every other night.
We ordered a delightful king-size memory foam mattress last Wednesday. I hope it gets here soon, for the sake of our sanity.
2 comments:
Our mattress wasn't manufactured, nay, it was forged. Forged in the fiery depths of Mordor. Only the grand master smith with his magically imbued hammer was able to shape the harder-than-diamond material into its current, Wymount bed form. I don't know how BYU acquired such a relic but I'm happy to say it is now where it belongs - in a dark hot concrete storage area. I can only hope it remains there, undisturbed, for all eternity.
I also want to clarify that it was better to sleep on the air mattress. I wanted Heather to be the most comfortable :)
Post a Comment