Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Seth's 26th Birthday

Tuesday was Seth's 26th birthday.

Unfortunately, that was also the first day of Spring Term classes.

After Seth got home from school, we had dinner at IHOP (his favorite restaurant). Then we returned to the house for cake and presents. I have been itching to give him his presents for weeks now, and his reaction didn't disappoint. I love sneaking around to do things that make Seth happy.

I also made angel food cake for the first time.


It's not as impressive as you think. The cake actually came from a mix. But the cream was homemade, and the strawberries were home-sliced and sugared.

It was surprisingly delicious. I say "surprisingly" because I don't usually like angel food cake. But this airy delight was out-of-this-world good. I think we ate an entire third of the cake in 20 minutes. Thanks, Betty Crocker!

To all the friends and family who sent presents, cards, and birthday wishes, thanks for making this birthday one of Seth's favorites!

6 comments:

Spencer and Sara said...

Um hello, what did you get him? You talked about how much you wanted to surprise him with them so I want to know what wonderful goodness you came up with! :)

hburdie said...

Haha, sorry I left you hanging.

I got him a computer game (StarCraft 2), which is the only present he actually asked for. I also got him a Blu-ray of Independence Day (his favorite movie (and, since he's a boy, he's crazy about hi-def)) and a Jack Johnson guitar book.

And angel food cake, of course.

Spencer and Sara said...

Haha fun! I haven't seen Independence Day in forever! But I can see why it's his favorite haha. (And I don't get the hi-def thing either...) Well fun! Glad you guys had a great day!

Rebekah said...

So it's your fault that Grant is currently playing SC2.... interesting...

Seth Burdsal said...

You could play too! It's not very hard.

Holly said...

I don't think you should downplay your cake-making skilz just because it came out of a box. If you mixed it and put it in a pan and in the oven, it's totally legit. Just sayin'.

Post a Comment