Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lately

We had a lovely Easter dinner at Seth's sister's house. She made the most delicious ham. Every year they buy a butchered pig, so this ham was the real, non-store-bought deal. I made rolls, and they were also delicious. Thanks again for the bread maker, Amanda!

Our home teacher's wife lent me the BBC Masterpiece Theater version of Emma. It was delightful. I watched the whole thing in one night, which is a feat, since it is 4 hours long. But it was so good I couldn't turn it off!

Tonight we rebuilt Seth's computer for the millionth time. We first put it together in December, and it has been having troubles ever since. We keep taking parts out and sending them in for repair. I swear we have spent over $100 in just shipping costs. Our fingers are crossed that we have found the source of the problem this time. I must admit, though, we are getting mighty speedy at assembling that technological monstrosity. Who would have ever thought I would develop a techy skill set?

Seth is graduating next week. Can you believe it? Me either. We are very excited to be moving into the next stage of life. He interviewed for an internship at Provo Rehabilitation and Nursing, and we are hoping he is accepted. It sounds like the perfect opportunity to get more experience with psychology and to see what kinds of roles a psychological nurse plays in the healthcare system, since that is his current career goal. Seth was also accepted to UVU a few weeks ago, where he will begin prerequisite classes for nursing in the Fall.

In honor of his graduation, and our niece's baby blessing, Seth's parents are flying in from Virginia. After graduation, Seth will fly back with them to visit his brothers and sisters in that region. I shall be desperately lonely for a whole week while he's gone. I'll have to rent a bunch of chick flicks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment