Yesterday afternoon, on my way home from the grocery store, I saw a multitude of couches and love seats sitting on the lawn of an apartment complex. They were leather, with pillowy arms—Seth's favorite kind. And it looked like they were being given away for free.
So I dropped off the groceries and picked up Seth, and we hustled over to claim ourselves a sofa.
We have the awesomest car on earth. A few quick modifications to fold the seats up, and within a minute we had that couch sliding into the back of the Honda.
Getting the old couch out of the house and down to the dumpster was a feat. I swear that blue behemoth weighs over 100 lbs. My arms were so tired from lugging the old couch out that I could not finish helping Seth move the new couch into the apartment. We got it half-way to the stairs, and I just couldn't lift any more. Luckily, a passing stranger offered to help, and now our lovely new addition is rounding out our living room decor quite nicely.
It has a few cosmetic issues—in some spots the leather is a little threadbare, there are a few tears, etc. But we like it so much more than our blue '70s sofa.
Perhaps I can even get my visiting teacher to help me reupholster it. She said she loves sewing projects . . .

2 comments:
HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!
I'm dying to see it!!!!! The picture isn't loading for some reason. SO cool that you were able to score a free couch. Kudos for seizing the opportunity. Also, Johnny and I met at Glenwood, so I think I know what the couch looks like. It is good lookin'!
I loooooove free furniture!
Post a Comment