Friday, December 10, 2010

O, Christmas Tree!

Christmas is in full swing at the Burdsal house.

On Monday, the Christmas tree arrived! Seth and I put it up immediately, adorned it with candy canes and our lovely tree skirt, and stashed our pile of presents underneath.

The Tree and Stockings

Presents!

The tree is almost always lit while we're home.

You may have noticed that there are a surprising number of presents under the tree for just two people. That is because Seth and I are in the midst of a present war. Because I asked for a more-expensive main gift, Seth naturally had more little presents. He saw how many he had and decided he needed to buy me more to even the score.

Also, Seth is a dirty rotten present sneak. He likes to take advantage of my candid nature to ferret out what his surprise presents may be. Surprise ruiner. Because of this, I bought him a few more gifts so that he will still have some surprises on Christmas. Well, Seth saw that his number of gifts was increasing, and couldn't stand to be outdone, so the mighty stack grew with presents for me. You see the cycle. There are six more gifts, between the two of us, that are still waiting to be wrapped and added to the colossal pile.

Even though there is no snow outside, we are feeling very festive. 15 days 'till Christmas!

Also, our down quilt FINALLY came, and let me tell you, it is delightful. Black Friday was good to us this year.

On a side note, last Sunday I baked a turkey all by myself. I feel quite proud of the fact that it turned out well. But now we have so much turkey, we don't know what to do with it all! We have been concocting turkey recipes all week! We have had turkey pasta, turkey fried rice, and turkey Hawaiian haystacks. Seth wanted turkey spaghetti, but I drew the line. There are some foods so perfect, it's a crime to tamper with them.

2 comments:

Spencer and Sara said...

Freeze some and save it for later! :)

Holly said...

You have too much turkey to know what to do with? You really believe that, friend? Don't you know by now that I will happily eat anything (to a point, providing it's something I like) you bring in for me? I wouldn't say no to a turkey sandwich . . .

Also, your present war is going to make you broke. Just sayin'. No wonder you only want to drive one day in 10. You soon won't be able to afford the gas for more. ;)

Post a Comment