We spent Christmas eve visiting our various family members. On Christmas morning, we watched our niece, Joy, open her presents. She is 3 and a half, so Christmas is pretty much the most exciting thing for her. Seth and I helped Santa eat the cookies she left out.
In the afternoon, we headed home and had our own "Christmas Morning." Here's a picture of some of our loot.
![]() |
| The Loot |
Best Christmas Ever! Mostly, it was nice to spend time with family and to be together for the first Christmas of our marriage.
The week after Christmas, it snowed majorly. This, however, didn't deter us from our nightly walks. The snow on the sidewalk was easily four inches, and it was fun to trudge through the fresh powder.
![]() |
| Snow on a Neighbor's Car (4 or 5 inches!) |
The tree at the bottom of our stairwell was so heavy with snow, it lay down in submission.
![]() |
| Flattened Tree |
Seth and I dusted it off and tried to stand it up again. It mostly worked. Instead of laying parallel to the sidewalk, now it just leans crazily. I fear it will never be the same again.
The snow stayed around, so today (New Years Eve Day), we decided to try out the sleds we bought at the DI almost a year ago.
We wiped out on our last run. That's me laying dead with exhaustion.
Best wishes for 2011!






1 comments:
What a wonderful Christmas you had! I really, really like your January blog design. It is perfect-o. I want to go sledding! I think all the snow will be gone by the time we get back to NYC. Our flight got canceled, so we aren't going back until tomorrow. Talk to you next week!
Post a Comment