Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving was a blast. This year, we cooped with Seth's sister. She made all the food, and I brought home-made apple and pumpkin pies. That was ambitious, since they ended up taking five hours to make and bake. But they were delicious, so there are no complaints. And Susanne made a delicious Thanksgiving feast. Good food + good company = a good day!

I'm thankful for family that I get to spend time with.

I'm thankful for my cozy, just-right apartment.

I'm thankful for a cat who cuddles.

I'm thankful for a husband who loves me no matter what.

And I'm thankful that Christmas is almost here!

Seth's mom gave us our very first Christmas decoration, which has been proudly displayed, despite BYU's disappointing performance in the Big Game.

The BYU Nutcracker, Who Should be Hanging his Head in Shame
In preparation for out first Christmas ever, Seth and I bought a Christmas tree on Black Friday. We also stopped on the holiday isle at Macy's and got some stockings.

Stockings for Seth, Heather, and Apollo

I also wrapped our very first present, which came in the mail from Seth's sister (Rachel) as an unidentified Amazon package, which we accidentally opened (sorry!).


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

P.S. I love the new job. I am much busier (thank goodness!), which is why you have seen the decrease in the frequency of blog posts.

P.P.S. Here's a video update of Apollo and his straw.

3 comments:

Seth said...

We need to get him another straw! He's been bored.

Rebekah said...

I really like how the BYU nutcracker has a mustache and no beard - very good of him to abide by the honor code.

Joanna Galbraith said...

that nutcracker is sweeet. next time i come to utah, i may just have to get me one of those.

Post a Comment