Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cavities

In December, Seth went to the dentist and found out he had two little mischievous cavities. I thought that was crazy, since adults don't get cavities, right? The hygienist joked, telling us we had better not go around kissing, or I would catch his cavity-germs. I wasn't too worried, since I haven't had a single tooth problem since I was in elementary school, and I got my teeth checked just six months before.

I should have heeded her warning. I had my dentist appointment last week, and I found out that I have six cavities. SIX! And Brittany the hygienist said that the appointment to fill them will take TWO HOURS!

Thank goodness for dental insurance.

Six? Seriously, folks, that's just wrong. Maybe I should listen to an audio book on my iPod to kill time in the dental chair.

4 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

That's crazy! I am scared to go because I could see that being the case for me as well.

Spencer and Sara said...

I never had any cavities my whole life, not even while I had braces, but I've had 8 since Ashley was born and I'm pretty darn sure I have more.... I hate it! But last time mine got filled it was about 2 hours too and I asked them to gas me and I fell asleep hahahaha it was wonderful!

hburdie said...

I'm glad it's not just me. Why didn't any of you married people warn me of the consequences of getting hitched? Haha!

Amanda S. said...

I don't get dentistry. I swear they all measure cavities differently. It doesn't make sense that you would go your whole life without cavities and then suddenly be plagued by them as a consequence of . . . marriage? Child-bearing? Weird.

Post a Comment