As Seth and I were dating, we texted. And texted. And texted. However, my phone plan did not have texting. I figured it was worth it to talk to a cute boy for only 10 cents a message. But when my dad got the bill and saw that we had sent thousands of texts, well, let's just say he was a little surprised. Me, too. I had no idea that we had sent so many texts in such a short time.
After that, my intrepid father purchased me an unlimited texting plan. That's love right there, folks.
Anyway, after I graduated, I was effectively kicked off my parent's phone plan. I still have my plan with them, but I now reimburse them each month for my portion of the phone contract. As a poor newlywed, I don't have the kind of money to afford texting any more, so I quit my text addiction cold turkey in January.
It has been a long, hard road of texting abstinence, let me tell you. Also, Seth and I talk less frequently throughout the day than we used to when texting was an option.
Now, thanks to my dear friends at Google, I can text Seth with the SMS feature in Google Chat. Glorious day! I set it up today. Apparently, it has been available for just about forever. But since I'm not up on the technology scene, this old news is still really, really exciting for me.
Google, you never cease to amaze me.
2 comments:
For whoever reads this - I'm not a terrible husband telling my wife she can't have texting because we can't afford it while having it myself. My mom pays for a family plan so we can text and call each other as much as we want :).
Depending on the kind of phone you have, there are applications out there that you can download to get around paying for text messaging :)
Post a Comment