To celebrate this grand day of my birth, I took the day off of work. Seth treated me to a long line of surprises, gifts, and pampering. While he told me some of my presents in advance, he kept three as surprises.
I got my first surprise present shortly after we woke up. "Check the Kindle," he said. So I did. Lo and behold, Book of a Thousand Days, by Shannon Hale, had been purchased and downloaded. Yay! I ♥ Shannon Hale!
The rest of the birthday adventure lay outside the house. Our first stop was to Wilson Diamonds to get my ring cleaned. I do love to see it sparkle like new!
After that, we went to the mall. My second surprise of the day was waiting there, in some unknown store. Since we never go to the mall, Seth asked if I wouldn't mind stopping by GameStop first so he could trade in some of his old games. But when we got to the counter of GameStop, he asked the clerk, "Is it true that, if I trade these in and put the money toward Kirby's Epic Yarn, I get 25% more?"
My jaw dropped. Unexpected! I did ask for that game for my birthday, but I had no idea he was actually going to get it for me! It comes out next week, so we pre-ordered it. It's gonna be so fun to play it with him!
After the mall, we went to Wal-Mart where my third and last surprise was waiting. He dropped me off at the nail place to get a pedicure (heavenly!) while he did the grocery shopping and picked up the surprise.
![]() |
| The Pedicure |
Excuse my funny-looking toes, but I wanted to show off my cute flower pedi.
At the check out, he wouldn't let me near the cart, claiming that he didn't want me to see my present that was under the groceries. When we got to the car, he pulled a small bag out of his pocket. It was an iTunes gift card. That sneak had it in his pocket the whole time! He just wanted me to think it was in the cart so I wouldn't know what size it was and be able to guess the gift.
On the way home, we stopped by the flower shop, where he had me pick out a bouquet of roses.
I am so spoiled!
In the evening, he made my favorite dinner--lasagna and french bread. We feasted on Italian deliciousness and then had cake and ice cream while we watched "Letters to Juliette." The man willingly suffered through a cheesy chick flick for my birthday.
In short, it was the best birthday I've ever had.




3 comments:
Sounds like the PERFECT birthday! Lucky lady ;)
OH MY GOSH. A-MAZING. What a good husband! He really did pamper you!!! I am so glad you got to take the day off for your birthday. That sounds like the most perfect day ever. Happy belated b-day, friend!
Jeez you got a high roller! Sounds great! Glad it was a happy birthday. The song I "sang" you on facebook must have worked haha.
Post a Comment