Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our First Halloween

On Saturday, Seth and I had our Fall/Halloween celebration. In the afternoon, we carved pumpkins (so they would be ready for the trick-or-treaters in the evening). We have concluded that these are the best pumpkins either of us has ever made.

Seth carved Jack Skellington's head.

Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King

I used one of the patterns in the pumpkin carving kit to craft an exquisite spider on a web.

Spidey

The Dynamic Duo

After the pumpkins were carved and photographed for posterity, I made a delicious Fall dinner: brown sugar ham and mashed potatoes.

Dinner was followed by pumpkin pie and Pillsbury sugar cookies with black cats in the center. Yum! And we watched the classic "Murder by Death."

All in all, a successful Halloween eve!

Also, I dyed my hair a shockingly vibrant red. Woot!

4 comments:

Spencer and Sara said...

Um, hello, pictures of the hair please? You guys are so cute! I'm glad you had a fun Halloween. :)

Joanna Galbraith said...

Wow, those pumpkins are REALLY good! I am super impressed. And you MUST post a picture of your hair. Can't wait for November's blog! Holla!

Holly said...

You're a total sandbagger. You said you couldn't carve pumpkins. Your pumpkins are made of awesome!! Sheesh. You're a wizard.

And p.s., I love the new blog header. Especially the addition of Apollo. Classic.

Amanda S. said...

Yeah, awesome pumpkins. You are the most festive human!

Post a Comment