Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kitten This and Kitten That

I've been 23 for a week and a half, and yet I still think I'm 24. I don't know if I'll ever be able to remember my age without calculating it from good old 1987.

Over the weekend, Apollo got to sleep in the bed. He has started a new practice I call "aggressive head snuggling." While I'm still half asleep, we walks up to me with his head low and charges his furry face into my cheek at full kitten force. He then flops down on my arm and proceeds to forcefully snuggle my face. And then he falls asleep with his furry head curled under my chin or against my cheek on the pillow. It's adorable. And to him, that's all the love in the world, right there.

Too bad the week rolls around and he can no longer snuggle to his heart's delight. Last night he was locked out of the room, all alone in the big, cold house. He cried at the door twice during the night, so loud and so long that he cried himself hoarse. When he came to say hello to the door after he heard my alarm go off, his morning meows came out as grating yips. Poor kitten. I hope his voice recovers.

Poor Kitten
He freaking sleeps all day. Sometimes I'm jealous. If I believed in reincarnation, I would definitely want to come back as a cat. Or maybe a tropical sea sponge.

1 comments:

Holly said...

A sea sponge? Really? Sometimes, you're the randomest ever.

And that happened to my cat once. When we moved to MA from CA, my cat apparently cried the whole six hour airplane flight. By the time we picked her up, she had no voice at all. It was pretty hilarious. But her voice came back. No doubt Apollo will make a similar comeback.

Post a Comment