Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lasagna of Wonder

On Sunday, I made lasagna for the first time in months. I don't know why I don't make it very often. I got the recipe from Seth's mom, and it has evolved a little bit in the last year. It is basically one of the tastiest things I know how to make, and it isn't as difficult to cook as you'd expect.

Since I am feeling particularly joyous about this dish, I thought I'd share the recipe with y'all.


Lasagna

Ingrediants:
  • 1 pkg lasagna noodles
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
  • 2 Tbsp parmesean cheese
  • italian seasoning (to taste)
  • 1 pkg italian cheese blend (mozzarella, povolone, romano, asiago, parmesean, etc.) (If you like lots of cheese, buy a little extra.)

Directions:
  1. Cook noodles according to directions on package.
  2. Brown ground beef.
  3. Add tomato soup and both cans of tomato sauce to the hamburger.
  4. Stir in parmesean cheese and italian seasoning, to taste.
  5. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
  6. Layer noodles, sauce, and cheese until the pan is full (usually about 4 layers).
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Easy, right? I love the simple sauce mix. Sometimes I make the sauce to have with other types of pasta, just to change things up (with delicious results).

1 comments:

Joanna Galbraith said...

Mmmm... this sounds so good. I am going to make this. I have never made my own lasagna before. It's always seemed too difficult, but you have inspired me. Thanks!

Post a Comment